Everyone has a personal relationship with God, whether they fully comprehend it or are willing to admit it. We either stand before Him as His sworn enemy or as His beloved child. Consider the following Biblical truths which are commonly known as the Gospel. It explains how we can be restored to a right relationship with God. (We are grateful that pastor Kevin Carson has articulated the following points.)
- God created man and enjoyed a relationship with him in the Garden (Genesis 1-2).
- When Adam sinned, his relationship with God was broken. And every person since Adam, because of sin, also has a broken relationship with God (Romans 5:12).
- The Bible says the penalty for sin is death (Romans 6:23). However, God was willing to send His Son Jesus to pay the penalty of sin (John 3:16).
- Jesus paid for all sin when He died on the cross and took God’s wrath upon Himself (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His resurrection on the third day proves God’s acceptance of that payment (1 Corinthians 15:21-23).
- Jesus’ death demonstrates God’s love for you and God’s willingness to forgive you of your sins (Romans 5:8).
- The only way you can receive the forgiveness God offers is to pray and ask God to forgive you and accept Christ’s payment on your behalf (Romans 10:9-10, 13).
- Just as with Adam’s sin the penalty of sin is eternal punishment in hell (2 Thessalonians 1:7-9; Revelation 20:13-15). Every person who receives the forgiveness of God enjoys eternity with God in heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17).